Types of Insulation for Multifamily Construction
Our team of experienced professionals keeps up with the constant updates and new technology used to insulate multifamily construction projects in Manassas, VA. We utilize a variety of insulation products and installation methods and will develop the best course of action based on the unique needs of your buildings. Here are just some of the types of insulation we offer:
- Icynene Classic Plus LC-C 70. This spray foam insulation has been approved for use in the multifamily party walls to comply with air exchanges on multifamily buildings in conjunction with the National Gypsum board.
- Fiberglass. This option continues to be popular for homes, businesses and multifamily housing projects across Northern Virginia. Fiberglass insulation easily fits between wall studs and ceiling joists. Fiberglass is moisture-resistant, noncorrosive and has excellent acoustics. It can give your multifamily housing unit’s interior and exterior walls a more finished look and is also a great choice for attached garages.
- Foam Board. Rigid foam board offers a high R-value and is a good choice for thin walls or attached garage doors. Foam board is popular because it’s lightweight and easy to handle. It offers waterproofing properties and can bolster the structural integrity of a multifamily housing building.
- Spray Foam. This insulation option provides excellent air sealing properties and also comes with a high R-value. Spray foam insulation can increase the stability of your buildings and dramatically improve energy efficiency.
- Blown-In Insulation. An excellent option for drywall in new construction multifamily housing projects, blown-in insulation can be installed quickly and fills gaps to provide a thermally-efficient blanket. Blown-in insulation has great sound-dampening qualities, and there’s no drying time necessary so you can move on to the next phase of construction immediately.
- Mineral Wool. Many love mineral wool insulation because it’s naturally fire-retardant, making it very safe. Mineral wool is environmentally friendly, has soundproofing qualities and is moisture-resistant.
Your Multifamily Housing Insulation Installation Specialists
Southland Insulators is proud to be Northern Virginia’s multifamily construction insulation installation specialist. Whether you need to insulate a new apartment complex or install insulation for condominiums or any other type of multifamily construction project, we have you covered. We are happy to discuss your multifamily construction insulation needs in the Manassas, VA area. Contact us to speak with our insulation experts.
Examples of Our Multifamily Projects